Raymond James Business Analyst IV (Compliance Systems) in St. Petersburg, Florida
The Compliance Business Analyst is an important part of Raymond James’ success in managing compliance risk and maintaining the trust of clients and regulators. This role will lead definition of business requirements, spearhead user acceptance testing, and support rollout for strategic projects and product manage applications in use.
Under limited direction with significant autonomy, the Analyst will use specialized knowledge and skill to serve as liaison between the business and IT to provide solutions to meet user needs.
The Analyst will lead requirements analysis for large, complex and/or cross-functional projects with significant scope and impact, working independently on challenging assignments that require ingenuity and involve significant latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. This will include analyzing and documenting business processes and translating user requirements to software development teams. The Analyst will provide leadership during user acceptance testing and provide training and plans, leading the work of others. This will involve extensive contact with internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adheres to established standards and maintain currency in business analysis practices, procedures and techniques
· Balance conflicting priorities and demands
· Consult with users to identify, analyze, refine and document business requirements
· Coordinate project scheduling
· Develop and maintain project schedules and produces project reports and documentation
· Develop conceptual design documents, including project definition, alternative solutions, scope of work, functional specifications and logical skeletons for new systems
· Follow up with internal clients about completed tasks to ensure client satisfaction
· Identify requirements for testing, develop test plans and script and coordinate testing
· Identify solution options and assess technical and business suitability
· Interpret and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures
· May plan, assign, monitor and lead the work of others
· Review procedures and methods; define and analyze business activities; identifies best practices; and recommend improvements
· Create and interpret business process maps and workflows using MS Visio or other software. Work with Business personnel to define and document processes for current and future states.
· Serves as a liaison between end users and software development teams, including being a subject matter expert (SME) in translating requirements to software development teams
· Train, coach and mentor others
· Maintain currency in analyst skills
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Functional, operational and technical requirements of multiple areas and applications
· Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management, requirements gathering, and current development technologies
· Concepts, practices and procedures analyzing business processes
· Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry
· The use of technology in the financial services business
· The relationship between IT and business
· Core business competencies such as finance, management, accounting, operations, and marketing
· Thorough awareness of the business context of a technical solution, including understanding of important concepts such as industry dynamics, the current situation with competitors, and regulatory impacts
· General financial services industry business knowledge
· Advanced Business Analysis tools: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Software Engineering Methodology (SEM) process, Change Management, Project Management tools (MS Project), project management through risk analysis, resource loading, and critical path analysis, advanced database query language usage, time tracking tools, Use Case / UML, advanced quality assurance (QA) tool usage for test case development, execution, and defect tracking/issue tracking software
· Bridging the gap between the business and technology
· Driving change at a team and department level
· Presenting ideas and information through all means of communication (written, oral, formal presentation) to upper management in IT or the client community
· Creating and interpreting process maps and flowcharts
· Preparing various reports, summaries, surveys and written recommendations
· Developing and maintaining project plans
· Developing conceptual design documents, including devising logical skeletons for new systems
· Conducting usability testing of software applications
· Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications
· Resolve client issues before they become problems, working with teammates and management
· Analyze business processes across functional areas and derive business requirements to solve business requests
· Effectively multi-task multiple concurrent projects
· Proactively mentor others
· Actively communicate technical and business aspects of work to team members
· Lead project meetings
· Cultivate a positive attitude within the department
· Decide and act on a direction, then report periodically
· Champion non-technical project, product and team improvements
· Provide a high level of customer service
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
· Exhibit a positive attitude when dealing with others
· Follow all internal procedures for handling customer requests
· Communicate timely and through proper channels to keep customer and upper management informed of the progress of an issue
· Take personal ownership of issues, following through to issue resolution
· Attend to detail
· Analyze and solve logic problems
· In emergency situations, determine appropriate actions to protect critical systems and data
· Meet all deadlines created by management or clearly communicate to management the reasons the deadlines are not possible
· Effectively organize and prioritize all tasks and responsibilities
· Participate in team projects and activities
· Demonstrate flexibility in accepting and adapting to change
· Clear, concise, grammatically correct oral and written communications, including SEM documentation
· Demonstrate appropriate frequency and level of detail in communications
· Escalate unresolved issues to others
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Requires advanced level technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines and processes.
· A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience, with some previous experience in the financial services industry.
· Requires previous experience leading projects and providing guidance/training.
· Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
· Series 7 License or the ability to obtain within 18 months required. Raymond James University Industry Specialist certification will be considered an equivalent.
Job: *Auditing & Compliance
Organization: *RJA Compliance Administration
Title: Business Analyst IV (Compliance Systems)
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1801297