Raymond James Business Analyst, Technology - OFSAA in St. Petersburg, Florida
Acts as a partner with the business to facilitate and implement technology solutions. Responsible for writing system requirements that will ensure the technology solution will meet the needs of the business. Source data analysis , data mapping to the Oracle Financial Solutions Analytical Application (OFSAA) and Oracle Financial Solution Data Foundation (FSDF) data model for the financial and regulatory reportings. Requires a high level understanding of systems, industry and end-user requirements. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge. Actively collaborated with business partners, technology teams and cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities.
Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations.
Expereince on the OFSAA & FSDF out-of-the-box solution to identify the data movement lineage from Staging to Result and to reportings.
Expereince on the data transformation, business data quality rules and data governance standard to maintain data quality through source to reporting.
Experience on the data analysis and mapping source system data (key data attributes and dimensions) to the OFSAA FSDF standard data model.
Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes.
Translates technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions.
Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team.
Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize requirements into prototype.
Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue tracking and change management.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Financial Services experience highly preferred.
• Skills include: Oracle PL / SQL, requirements gathering, robust documentation skills, ability to understand system flows, good understanding of database fundamentals, and TFS
• May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• May work in a team environment or project room to facilitate collaboration.
• Knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Title: Business Analyst, Technology - OFSAA
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1801318