Raymond James End User Support Technician in St. Petersburg, Florida
With the goal of providing superior service and first contact resolution, delivers front line and second level technical support to customers via multiple communication channels in a customer contact center environment. Uses detailed instructions, established procedures and prescribed guidelines to resolve technical issues and complete tasks for end users. Incumbents in role flex between providing front line Technical Service Center support and handling escalations in End User Support depending on business volume and need. Resolves escalated incidents requiring analysis and evaluation by consulting with end user and/or completing more complicated tasks.
• Provides solutions to a wide variety of technology related problems, issues, and questions or escalates to appropriate support area. Enters complete and accurate information into contact tracking database and follows up with customer as needed to provide total ticket ownership.
• Supports team members and assists in resolving incidents as a Subject Matter Expert
• Utilizes knowledge management tools to help resolve client issues.
• Assists clients in completing online forms to attain various systems, services, hardware, software, and/or entitlements.
• Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and resolves problems on a variety of hardware and software via telephone/remote control access and occasional on-site support.
• Escalates trends and outages as needed to leadership and for Service News postings.
• Manages time in customer contact center setting and documents time via activity codes.
• Creates and edits documents for email distribution and/or posting in the department knowledgebase.
• May perform duties as a subject matter expert including updating knowledge management documents and providing trend analysis.
• Communicates technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Stays abreast of, and complies with, company and department policies and procedures as related technology and end-user services.
• May be responsible for running reports and communicating results to leadership.
• Conducts advanced hardware troubleshooting and initiates warranty processes as required.
• Will be accountable for carrying on-call phone and responding to calls on a rotating basis.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of a H.S. diploma and three (3) years of relevant experience in a technical helpdesk or other technical support environment required or combination or education, training and experience. B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree preferred.
• May work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends.
• Advanced technical knowledge of the following highly preferred:
o Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining computer hardware and software.
o Operating systems (OS).
o Mobile devices.
o Business applications.
o Security products.
o Financial services applications a plus.
• Communication : Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Analysis : Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Managing Work : Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Applied Learning : Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
• Building Customer Loyalty : Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Initiating Action : Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Title: End User Support Technician
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1801315