Raymond James Manager, Operations- Service Delivery / Saint Petersburg, FL / Southfield, MI in St. Petersburg, Florida
Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to translate business strategy into work programs and processes for the largest multi-function and/or most complex specialty work groups. Leads major or multiple projects with significant scope, complexity and impact. Works independently or with subordinates on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring ingenuity with appreciate latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to escalated problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectives in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers will be required to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs human resource management activities, including identifying performance problems and approving recommendations for remedial action; evaluating performance; and interviewing and selecting staff.
• Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of subordinate managers and supervisors.
• Coaches and mentors subordinates and identifies training needs and creates development plans.
• Prepares and presents operational budgets for assigned functional area(s).
• Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
• Establishes objectives and develops processes and procedures to ensure efficient and timely work flow.
• Performs periodic reporting on work progress, project completions and additional ad-hoc reporting as required.
• Balances conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Maintains regular contact with senior manager and other internal customers to identify, research and resolve issues.
• Ensures effective coordination occurs between assigned functional area(s) and other areas.
• Identifies trends and implements corrective action as necessary.
• Uses financial data and performance indicators to establish control mechanisms and other improvement initiatives.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced concepts, principles and practices of assigned functional area(s)
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products.
• Preparing and reviewing operational budgets.
• Interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
• Establishing operational objectives.
• Developing processes and procedures for efficient and timely work flow.
• Preparing management reports.
• Promoting effective coordination between multiple work groups and functional areas.
• Identifying trends and implementing appropriate corrective action.
• Establishing control mechanisms.
• Implementing process improvement initiatives.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Perform human resource management activities.
• Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of others.
• Coach and mentor others.
• Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Anticipate obstacles and define alternative strategies.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into operational processes.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to operations.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Initiate projects, measure risks and analyze impact on the business.
• Lead others in providing a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Business Administration and eight (8) years experience in operations, including three (3) years in a management position in the financial services industry.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Series 99, or ability to obtain within 120 days (as required by FINRA), may be required depending on assigned functional area.
• Series license(s) may be required depending on assigned functional area.
Organization: *Operations & Administration
Title: Manager, Operations- Service Delivery / Saint Petersburg, FL / Southfield, MI
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1801303
Other Locations: US-MI-Southfield-Southfield