Johns Hopkins Medicine PCT/HUC - Pediatric Medicine 8 South (Night) in St. Petersburg, Florida
REFER A FRIEND
PCT/HUC - Pediatric Medicine 8 South (Night)
Requisition #: 166810
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital,
St. Petersburg, FL
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: March 12, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Under the supervision of the professional RN the PCT/HUC participates in patient centered care across the continuum and performs clerical functions that support unit operations. Provides quality care to patients as part of the primary team assigned by the unit RN Clinical Nurse or the RN Clinical Team Leader/Supervisor. Contributes to the goals of the department by providing an opportunity for the PCT/HUC to collaborate with all members of the care team and being accountable for the delivery of patient care at a demonstrated level of safe practice and as defined by JHACH policy.
1. Assists patients by responding to intercom requests; obtaining needed services from nurses and other hospital personnel
2. Creates a welcoming environment by greeting patients, families and visitors, in person or on the telephone, answering inquiries, relaying calls to patients, giving directions, and referring inquiries to nursing or other staff
3. Collects data, inclusive of vital signs, and notifies the registered nurse and other caregivers of findings
4. Establishes patient record and documents patient care services completing patient identification
5. Maintains unit operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes
6. Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential
7. Maintains unit supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies
8. Keeps unit equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; calling for repairs as needed
9. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adheres to infection-control polcies and protocols
10. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
11. Assists in performing other patient care related activities as determined by the RN Clincal Nurse or the RN Clinical Team Leader/Supervisor.
High School Graduate/GED
Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant
1 year experience in the clinical area of specialty or similar experience
Current AHA BLS Certification
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.