Raymond James Sr Manager, Operations- Retirement Plan Services in St. Petersburg, Florida
Provides direction, leadership and support for a cross site functional area in Operations. This person will set the strategy for functions and processes in assigned area and is responsible for overall execution. Individuals at this level should have a strong understanding of the firm’s different businesses and be considered a role model with strong expertise in functional area. This position will have extensive contact with senior management across the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set goals for functional area that is in line with the organization’s vision and goals.
• Create solutions for identified process improvement areas and work with management team to implement.
• Create and monitor annual budgets; making adjustments when necessary.
• Effectively manage, coach and develop talent; build a strong network of qualified leaders.
• Take active role in creating an environment that fosters a high level of associate engagement.
• Establish internal and external partnership opportunities through analysis of business needs and relationships that may enhance success.
• Facilitate the implementation and acceptance of organizational change; addresses resistance to change and helps teams and individuals adapt.
• Take decisive action when necessary and conveys a sense of urgency to deliver results.
• Adds value through others; motivating them to action.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry
• Financial markets and products
• Providing feedback and coaching to help subordinate managers excel in current and future job responsibilities.
• Ensuring customer perspective is driving force behind business decisions and activities.
• Ensuring customer solutions, practices and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
• Establishing high standards and challenging goals for individual, team and organizational accomplishment.
• Build a cohesive team, and develop structure & direction to meet or exceed customer needs.
• Leverage systems & processes to attract, develop & retain talented individuals.
• Create a trusting work environment where associates feel engaged
• Build strategic partnerships high level leaders within the organization to collaboratively execute business goals.
• Interact with others in a way that promotes openness & trust and gives confidence in one’s intentions
• Use customer centric approaches for choosing courses of action or developing appropriate solutions.
• Align communication, accountability, resources & processes to ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
• Tenaciously work to deliver team goals with the greatest potential for producing positive business results.
• Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field. Will typically have at least 10 - 12 years’ experience in financial services including significant experience (7 – 9 years) in leading diverse operating groups.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by
• Series 99 or equivalent required or ability to obtain within 120 days. Other licensing as required.
Organization: *Operations & Administration
Title: Sr Manager, Operations- Retirement Plan Services
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1801301