USAA Business Risk and Controls Advisor I in Tampa, Florida
Purpose of Job
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, first line of defense risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
- Manages the following initiatives on behalf of the business in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, or new product controls, supplier governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls which may include the coordination of testing, root cause analysis, control design, and examining key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in one key area, as needed.
- Performs line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment.
- Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs), translates control deficiencies into action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with process owners to identify control failures, and assesses the impact.
- Makes recommendations to drive improvement efforts and facilitates effective and timely risk remediation through action plan oversight.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains processes, procedures, and tools for managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring and management of resulting exception cases.
- Ensures adherence and compliance with regulations and controls by examining and proper documentation.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and advises on risk mitigation opportunities and stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Bachelor's Degree (OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- 4 or more years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment, information technology, public accounting or other related operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives within the business.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of OCC 29-13 and Fed SR 13-19 regulations
- Experience evaluating industry SSAE and SOC reports
- Experience with Supplier Quality Improvement Programs
- Experience in Third Party Risk Management with a financial services company
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 04/22/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Business Risk and Controls Advisor I FL-Tampa R0017659