MetLife Lead Business Systems Analyst in Tampa, Florida
Job Location: Tampa, Florida
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife, one of the world’s largest institutional investors, has been managing investments for nearly 150 years and currently oversees nearly $600 Billion in assets for its General Account and external clients. MetLife Investments Information Technology is responsible for providing the software and infrastructure necessary to efficiently trade, monitor, and report on this broad array of asset types which includes Agriculture, Derivatives, Private Placement, and Real Estate. You can join this world-class organization committed to making a difference in the lives of our customers if you are skilled, passionate, inquisitive, and enjoy working at a rapid pace. Specifically, we are looking for a seasoned technical business analyst to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage complex projects through analysis, design and implementation. If this sounds appealing to you, please apply today!
• Serve as the lead to system vendors and coordinate enhancements and fixes
• Identify best practices for optimizing system use both internally and externally
• Identify risks, plan for unanticipated outcomes, and form appropriate contingency plans
• Drive changes and implement new services and solutions, building governance & ownership around the new initiatives / processes
• Ensure robust program/project controls framework is used to deliver programs / projects on time and within budget
• Communicate reports regarding project status, risk management and escalation of issues that cannot be resolved by the working team
• Prepare and manage project budgets
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
Bachelor’s degree required, prefer in a business or technology related field
Experience leading projects including multiple parties both internal and external
5+ years industry full cycle experience of SDLC methodologies and approaches, including refining business requirements and defining functional specifications
3+ years working in a financial services organization
Test case creation expertise with test status tracking expertise
Strong data analysis skills using SQL queries and Microsoft Excel
Microsoft project, Visio and PowerPoint (intermediate)
Strong meeting presence with ability to drive discussions and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Investments business and/or previous MetLife experience
• Knowledge of any of the following - Derivatives Assets, Loan Assets (Agricultural, Commercial, Residential), ‘Securities’ (Equity, Fixed Income, Bank Loans, Private Placements)
• Intermediate knowledge of data analysis/visualization tools such as Power BI
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 96808